1. Chop onion and garlic and then sauté in medium saucepan with olive oil.
2. After sautéing onions and garlic, add remaining ingredients to medium sauce pan (including can of black bean soup, whole peeled tomatoes without juice, white wine, oregano, white sugar, salt, tobasco sauce, and bay leaf.)
3. Use fork to break tomatoes up into small pieces and somewhat smashing the tomatoes.
4. Bring mixture to a boil with medium flame. Once mixture is brought to a boil, reduce to low flame and simmer for 5 minutes with pot covered.
5. Serve hot beans with recommended (optional) toppings for zesty flavor.
Recommended toppings (optional):
- Spoonful of sour cream
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Chopped green or red onions
- Chopped and unseeded jalapeno pepper (use your own judgement as to amount of spicyness)