2. Cut a circle in the top of the bread (leaving a 1 1/2 - 2 inch rim around. Remove top, and set aside. Scoop out the inside bread, creating a bowl. Save the bread to later use for dipping (or I like to use it to make stuffing).
3. In a medium bowl, mix the swiss cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, bacon and green onions.
4. Spoon mixture into the bread bowl, and replace the top. Wrap loaf tightly in foil, and place on a baking sheet.
5. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 1 hour.
6. Serve with torn bread, breadsticks, crackers, veggies, or fruit for dipping and spreading.