""I've been using this recipe for about two years now, and I'll never tire of it. Everyone I share this with seems to love it as much as I do. It combines the sweetness of roast pumpkin, and saltiness of fetta cheese to result in a very satisfying dish. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!"
This uses Australian measurements. Cooking time is only approximate, as this will depend on thickness of pot used etc."
1. Brush pumpkin with a little oil, salt and pepper, and bake in a moderate-high oven (about 200 degrees celcius), in a lined baking dish until soft and golden brown.
2. While the pumpkin is baking heat a little oil in a pan. Add onion and cook until transparent. Add garlic.
3. Stir in rice and cook for about a minute. Slowly add stock, half a cup at a time, until it has evaporated, constantly stirring.
4. Continue to cook on low heat, slowly adding more stock and stirring. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. When pumpkin and rice is almost cooked, put fetta cheese on the tray alongside the pumpkin and bake until the cheese has heated through and is beginning to melt around the edges. Please note - If pumpkin is cooked before rice is nearly ready, remove from the oven, then return to the oven with fetta about 5 minutes before the rice is cooked.
6. After about 45 minutes, or when rice is just soft, but not soggy, remove from heat.
7. Remove cooked pumpkin from the oven, setting aside about 2 pieces per person. Roughly mash the remainding pumpkin and stir into rice mixture.
8. Stir spinach leaves or rocket into risotto.
9. Serve risotto, dividing fetta cheese portions evenly between servings. Make sure you push each piece into the risotto, to keep them soft and warm. Divide remaining pumpkin that was previously set aside between servings.