"This is a wonderful quick dinner that you can make all in one pot in under 30 minutes for your family. It is very inexpensive to make and really hits the spot. I like to serve it with sweet peas and cottage cheese."
1. Brown hamburger, onion, celery, and garlic in a large skillet.
2. Season with a small amount of salt and pepper.
3. Drain the extra grease from the hamburger after it is browned and the onion, celery, and garlic are translucent.
4. Pour in the 2 cups of water over the hamburger mixture and bring to a boil.
5. While you are waiting for the water to boil break the chunk of ramen noodles in half before opening the pkg.(Just hit it hard with your fist.) The open the pkgs, and remove the seasoning packet from each one and set aside.
6. When the water begins to boil, ad the broken ramen noodle to the skillet and stir them into the mixture. It will look a little chunky, but just keep pushing the noodles down till they are covered or mostly cover with the water. Cook them for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
7. Open the ramen noodle seasoning packets and and ad them both to the skillet. Stir it into the noodle mixture.
8. Add the can of mushrooms, and stir it into the mixture.
9. Turn the heat on the stove down to low. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch and the 4 tsp. water in a bowl. This should make a thin liquid, not a paste. If it is too thick, add a little more water.
10. After the cornstarch mixture has been made and mixed well with the water, pour it in a slow, thin stream into the hamburger casserole stirring as you pour. (You may not need it all so just add about half of it first.)
11. Continue simmering until a gentle boil has been reached. (The casserole needs to be brought back to a simmering boil before you will know how thick it will be.) Once the desired thickness is reached. (This should only take a few minutes. Don't cook too long.)Turn of the heat, and the casserole is complete.