"The delicious flavor of these ribs more than make up for the work. This recipe has been in my family for years and is the only BBQ we have. The sauce thikens to coat the ribs with a tangy taste explosion!"
1. Put ribs in a 13 x 9 baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Add chopped onion.
3. Cover ribs and onions with slices of lemon.
4. Bake at 450 degrees, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
5. While ribs are baking, mix the rest of the ingredients and warm on low heat.
6. Drain the grease off of the ribs and reduce the temperature to 350.
7. Squeeze juice from lemons over the pork and remove lemon rounds.
8. Pour about 1/3 of sauce over ribs and bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
9. Every 20 minutes, baste with remaining sauce. Be sure to only baste the ribs if the sauce begins to thicken and cling to the ribs. If it's still runny, skip the basting until the next 20 minute scheduled baste. Stir ribs every other time you baste. You can cover them with foil if they get too brown and continue baking.