Allrecipes - Recipe Notes
Tuesday, January 06, 2009, Issue No. 275
Everyone in the family loved these Asian Tuna Patties
! I wasn't sure how my kids would like it, so I made a bunch of mini-patties and wrapped them in lettuce. I gave them little dippers of soy sauce and teriyaki sauce. These were so good!
New Year, New You!
Turn the page on that 2009 calendar and reveal a 'new' you with the new year.
You'll make more healthy meals if you know they're delicious--and easy. Try some of these ideas to start the year.
How your food is raised might be just as important as how it's cooked. Learn more about organic food and feel better about your dinner.
Changing your grocery-spending habits isn't a bad idea this year. Make better budget decisions with help from Allrecipes.
Food Lovers' Trivia Tidbit
Flax seed is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, and can be found in most supermarkets. It has a mild nutty flavor and is often used simply sprinkled over hot dishes like stir-frys. The seed can also be sprouted and used in salads and sandwiches.
Editors' Recipe Picks!
Start the New Year right with these recipes.
Submitted By: 3LIONCUBSThese muffins are just as delicious and moist as regular muffins! They'll be gone before they have time to cool. Low-fat, healthy, and yummy! Imagine that.
Submitted By: CarolePrepared pie crusts are baked with refried beans, browned ground beef, chopped onions, tortilla chips, and cheddar cheese.
Submitted By: Gretchen RameyCurried honey mustard imparts a golden hue to tender baked chicken.
Rainbow Veggie Chili
Submitted By: theveggieone
Multi-colored vegetables make this chili delicious and pretty! Serve with cornbread for a great dinner.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- Ready In: 1 Hour 35 Minutes
- Yields: 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans in spicy sauce, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Stir in zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic, and onion. Cook 5 minutes, just until tender.
- Mix tomatoes with liquid, tomato paste, black beans, corn, and chili beans in spicy sauce into the pot. Season with chili powder, oregano, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.