Blissful Rosemary Chicken
Submitted By: ChefSingleDad
An elegant and intensely flavorful way to prepare chicken breasts: roll with prosciutto and cheese, skewer with rosemary sprigs, and marinate.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Ready In: 40 Minutes
- Yields: 4 servings
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 4 slices smoked fontina cheese
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- salt to taste
- Use a knife or grater to sharpen the thick ends of the rosemary sprigs. Soak sprigs in water for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Layer each chicken breast with 1 slice fontina and 1 slice prosciutto. Roll tightly, and skewer each with a rosemary sprig to secure.
- In a bowl, whisk together the wine, broth, oil and pepper. Pour into a medium baking dish. Place rolled chicken breasts in the dish. Place 2 garlic halves under each breast.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until chicken juices run clear. Remove from baking dish, reserving sauce, and allow to stand 5 minutes.
- Transfer remaining sauce to a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Drizzle over chicken to serve. Season chicken with salt to taste.
Similar recipes or serve-with ideas:
Visit Allrecipes.com to see our complete collection of recipes and meal ideas.