Submitted By: Jenny Grumbrecht
Chicken, sausage, and shrimp on rice.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Ready In: 50 Minutes
- Yields: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, drained
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- 1 pound turkey sausage links, without casings, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Select a medium-high setting for an electric skillet; heat oil in hot skillet. Cook onion in oil until soft. Stir in tomatoes, chicken, and sausage. Season with garlic powder, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir in rice, pour in broth, and add shrimp.
- Cover electric skillet. Cook at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until rice is tender.
Similar recipes or serve-with ideas:
Visit Allrecipes.com to see our complete collection of recipes and meal ideas.