Submitted By: Monica deRegt
An elegant, easy-to-make chicken dish bursting with flavors of sun dried tomatoes and creamy white wine sauce. Very low in fat and calories, and it only takes 1/2 hour from start to finish. Pairs nicely with roasted baby potatoes and steamed broccoli.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Ready In: 35 Minutes
- Yields: 4 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 zucchini cut in half lengthwise, then sliced diagonally
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- Place the flour into a shallow dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and then dredge in flour. Shake off excess. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken breasts on each side, about 3 minutes per side.
- Pour the chicken broth and white wine into the skillet, and scrape any chicken residue from the pan for flavor. Stir in the mustard. Cover, and cook for a few minutes until chicken is 'springy', but not cooked through. Add the zucchini and sun-dried tomatoes, then season with garlic and dill weed. Cover, and cook until the zucchini is tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a platter, and remove the pan from the heat. Stir sour cream into the pan liquid. If most of the liquid has evaporated, stir in a bit more wine or broth first. Season with salt to taste, and serve chicken with sauce poured over it.
Similar recipes or serve-with ideas:
Visit Allrecipes.com to see our complete collection of recipes and meal ideas.