Submitted By: Belen
This is a quick and easy recipe that tastes delicious. Carrots and potatoes, with salsa and meatballs, make for a hearty, delicious soup that can be prepared in no time at all.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Ready In: 40 Minutes
- Yields: 6 servings
- 1 quart water
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, medium or hot
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a large stock pot, bring water, carrots, potatoes, onion, salsa, and bouillon cubes to a boil. Reduce to a medium simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 10 minutes.
- Mix the beef, breadcrumbs, and milk together in a bowl. Form into 1-inch meatballs, and drop into boiling broth. Once soup returns to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes, or until meatballs are no longer pink in center and vegetables are tender. Serve with sprinkled cilantro for garnish.
Similar recipes or serve-with ideas:
Visit Allrecipes.com to see our complete collection of recipes and meal ideas.