Pumpkin Turkey Chili
Submitted By: SOMEONESWT
A chili for autumn! Turkey, pumpkin, and traditional chili ingredients go together well in this spicy concoction.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Ready In: 30 Minutes
- Yields: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and garlic until tender. Stir in the turkey, and cook until evenly brown. Drain, and mix in tomatoes and pumpkin. Season with chili powder, pepper, and salt. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Serve topped with Cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Similar recipes or serve-with ideas:
Visit Allrecipes.com to see our complete collection of recipes and meal ideas.