Related Recipe Collection
Picking the Perfect Place
You know what they say: "location, location, location." It's true for romantic picnics, too. Besides the food and drink, finding just the right spot to share the afternoon is key. Here are a few suggestions.
- Set up your picnic near a lake, river, or the ocean and let the water lend a quiet musical backdrop to your outdoor meal. A park with a gurgling fountain feature works great, too.
- Hike up a mountain trail with a backpack full of picnic goodies and get away from the maddening crowds.
- Bring your picnic basket to the local botanical garden and enjoy what's in bloom while you dine on favorite foods.
- Dash down the street to the neighborhood park for an impromptu picnic. It might just be the most romantic of all because it's spontaneous.
- If the weather turns bad, don't let it ruin your fun. Transform a patio or sun porch to a rainy day picnic spot by spreading out a blanket and surrounding the setting with your indoor plants.