Related Recipe Collection
Potluck Party Planning Tips
A simple potluck supper still takes a little organizing, especially if you don't want to end up with an all-cheese-and-crackers dinner party.
- Build your guest list and menu to comfortably fit your space. Will you eat standing up? Sitting down? A little of both? Serve knife-and-fork food only if your guests will be seated at a table.
- If you're building around a theme, make menu suggestions. And always keep a running list of who is bringing what.
- Choose food that's easy to transport. If you're hosting, perhaps you can handle the trickier dishes such as soups and stews.
- Dishes should be made in advance, but plan for oven, stove top and microwave reheating needs.
A Complete Comfort Food Menu
Try this ready-to-go menu or create your own--and cook in comfort.
Dinner and a Movie Options
- Doctor Zhivago
- Ice Age
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- The Pink Panther
- Swiss Family Robinson
- Mutiny on the Bounty
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- South Pacific