More Theme Parties
Most of the food can be made ahead so you can enjoy the party, too. Imagine that!
Assemble and freeze the Salmon Puffs. Bake at party time and serve warm.
Whip up the spread for the Creamy Dill Cucumber Toasties the day before. Slice the baguette and store in an airtight container. Assemble the day of the shower.
The Raspberry Cup Cakes are totally make-ahead! You can even make and freeze everything the week before. Just pull the cupcakes out of the freezer, thaw slightly, and serve with the thawed sauce.
Shower the guests of honor with sweet, silly love songs.
- Shower the People, James Taylor
- Chapel of Love, The Dixie Cups
- Big Day, XTC
- L-O-V-E, Nat "King" Cole
- Wishin' and Hopin', Ani Difranco
- You're the First, the Last, My Everything, Barry White
- Tell Him, The Exciters
- I Melt With You, Modern English
- Accidentally In Love, Counting Crows
- Dance Me to the End of Love, Madeleine Peyroux
Decorate platters with thin slices of lemon and lime, citrus zest, sprigs of parsley and other fresh herbs, edible flowers, whole tiny radishes and true baby carrots.
Frost whole fruits for an easy and impressive flourish: brush on egg white, roll in sugar, and let dry before displaying.
Add drama with a grand centerpiece.