Can I customize recipes on Allrecipes and save them as my own?
Yes, you can! But you have to be an Allrecipes Pro. If you aren’t an Allrecipes Pro,
sign up now.
Once you’re a Pro, you have the exclusive power to add and change recipes—and save them as your own. It’s the perfect way to build your own recipe database, so you have all the tried-and-true (and loved!) recipes of your life. Here’s what you can do:
- Make it your way. You can take an existing recipe and add or modify ingredients, change directions, and give it a new title.
- Take cook’s notes. You can also add personal notes about the recipe (“This is Grandma Ella’s famous Oatmeal Cookie recipe.”), and add your own photo.
- Collect good tastes. Build your own recipe database of what you, family, and friends love to eat. Create recipes for every occasion: party food, picnic food, or simply what to do with the chicken in your fridge (in 30 minutes or less!).
How do I save an Allrecipes recipe as my own?
As an Allrecipes Pro, you can customize any recipe.
- Find a recipe you want to modify. Expand the save options by clicking the options button with the orange arrow next to the Save button. Select Customize Recipe.
- You can modify the recipe in the following ways:
When you have completed your changes, click on Preview to review your changes, and then Save Recipe to confirm changes.
- Change the recipe title and description.
- Change the ingredients amounts or listing.
- Tweak the directions, preparation, and cooking time.
- Add a Custom Recipe rating and photo.
Please note: customized recipes are not connected to our database. Therefore, although they can be added to your Shopping List, scaling and nutrition information are not available for these recipes.
Can I edit my custom recipe?
You can continue to change your recipes and save your revisions. Visit your Recipe Box:
- Select the recipe(s) you wish to edit by hovering over the recipe.
- Expand the ’Options‚ menu by clicking Options.
- Click Edit at the top of the menu.
- Make whatever changes you would like—you can even add a photo!
- Choose whether or not you would like to Share, Share and Submit,
or Not Share your recipe and click the Preview button.
- Either Cancel, Edit, or Save Recipe. You’re all set!
I can’t customize recipes anymore. What happened?
If you aren’t able to customize recipes anymore, it’s likely your Allrecipes Pro term has expired.
Click on the My Allrecipes menu to visit your homepage, and then follow the Billing
link to view your expiration date and renewal status. Or click here to
Can I save another cook’s custom recipe to my recipe box?
Yes! You can save a Custom Recipe the same way you would save a Kitchen-Approved recipe.
From the recipe page select Add to Recipe Box or choose a folder by clicking
on the + next to Add to Recipe Box.
How do I have my version of the recipe appear on the Customized Versions list?
Once you have customized a recipe, be sure to select Share when saving the recipe.
Then your version of the recipe will appear in the section of members who have customized the recipe.
These are rotated, so each time a member customizes a recipe, the newest version of the recipe appears at the top.
To change the sharing status on a recipe: hover over the My Allrecipes menu and click on Recipe Box.
In the column under the heading Status you can click on the Shared/Not Shared link to
show or hide the recipe from public view.