* I brown the chicken, onions and garlic for added flavor.
* I omit the canned jalapeno peppers and cayenne pepper - and increase the green chiles
* I puree half of the white beans so the chils is creamier.
* I add black beans and corn.
* I cook it in the crock pot so the flavors really blend.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken begins to brown and the onion is tender, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
In the meantime, combine the chicken broth, green chiles, black beans, corn, cumin, oregano and chili powder in the crock pot. Puree 1 and 1/2 cans of the white beans with an immersion blender or in a regular blender. Stir the remaining white beans and the white bean puree into the mixture in the crock pot.
Add the chicken mixture to the crock pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
Just before serving, slowly stir in about 1 and 1/2 cups of the mexican blend cheese until melted.
Serve chili with the remaining Mexican blend cheese and sour cream.