I am the submitter of this recipe. Since the original submission, I shared it with a friend who had the wonderful idea of serving the chicken filling in pre-made phyllo cups, topped with the mango-curry sauce and a sprinkling of parsley or cilantro. It really adds to the presentation and ensures everyone tries both the filling and the sauce together.
Over time, I have also adjusted the recipe and now use the following ingredients to make 50 won tons or phyllo cups:
• Chicken Roll Ingredients:
• 1 package won ton wrappers or phyllo cups (about 50)
• 8 oz. Neufchatel cream cheese, room temperature
• 2 - 4 Tablespoons light or non-fat sour cream, if desired
• ¼ - 1/2 c. milk (as needed to thin filling) (I used Silk unsweetened almond milk)
• 1 teaspoon garlic salt
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 16 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, cooked, squeezed dry
• 1 standard-size can ripe olives, thinly sliced
• 3 - 4 cups diced cooked chicken
• Olive oil spray
• Curry-Chutney Sauce ingredients:
• 1 cup plain low-fat or non-fat sour cream
• 8 teaspoons mango chutney (chop any large pieces)
• 1 to 2 teaspoon curry powder (to taste)
Was this review helpful?
0 users found this review helpful
I am the submitter of this recipe. Since the original submission, I shared it with a friend...