Jan. 14, 2013 2:50 pm
Updated: Jan. 18, 2013 7:31 pm
The menu idea on this allrecipes.com is brilliant, if you haven't gone pro, I suggest you do so and soon. My wife and I went grocery shopping on friday, and we didn't nearly spend what we usually do on food do to the shopping list assistant on this site
that was a HUGE guide. Normally we…
This is my me and my wife (Marianne)
Well, I am a Domestic Engineer who works hard to keep a healthy home for her beloved wife and family.
My favorite things to cook
I have yet to discover my ultimate favorite item to cook, but I do enjoy throwing together various ingredients to make a scrumptious stir-fry out of chicken or pork...
My favorite family cooking traditions
We hope to make our own family cooking traditions, as my wife was born and raised in Scotland we hope to pass down to our children true Gaelic traditions...
My cooking triumphs
My mother is known for her Thanksgiving gravy from the ripe juices of the cooked bird, every pot luck at our church if there was a she was in charge of the gravy, because her's was ALWAYS just right with no lumps...I have mastered that art as well...the trick is to mix your flower with hot water first in a cup or bowl with a whisk till it is nice and thick, a consistency of condensed tomato soup. Then while your Turkey juice is boiling on the stove, slowly mix and whisk together, but don't pour all of it in, your gravy will become too thick when it cools, it will take time and experience to see how much to apply.
My cooking tragedies
Well actually it was our cooking tragedies, my wife was cooking bbq wings one night, we have a dehydrator it has a fruit roll tray...well needless to say somehow it got enveloped under the bbq wings tray and well got put in the oven, yeah that was a HUGE mess!! The next mishap was just last night, we took out the Tuna mushroom casserole and we left the top of the stove on, didn't realize it, and thought that we were leaving the casserole out to cool to get ready to eat, nope!! 20 min later we were, "is something burning?" went to the kitchen and the bottom of our meal was burnt in the shape of the burner...we ate around it!! no harm!!