I have tried this recipe twice. The first time didn't come out too well. The first time I used maple sausage and italian croutons and it just ok. This time I tried Sage Sausage and white bread. It came out absolutely amazing! Thank you for the great recipe and helpful reviews. So here's exactly what I did:
- use white bread, cubed up (not toasted)
- use Sage Sausage
- 6 eggs
- 1 scallion diced and sauteed in pan before sausage, then with sausage
- used extra sharp cheddar cheese
- don't go too crazy with cheese or will come out greasy
- layered it: bread, sausage & scallion, cheese, then egg mix (then more cheese on top)
- cover with foil in fridge overnight
- take out of fridge 30 min before cooking to bring back to room temp a little
* Hope this helped. Oh and I def recommend doubling the recipe since it goes fast since it's so good.
Was this review helpful?
44 users found this review helpful
I have tried this recipe twice. The first time didn't come out too well. The first time I...