Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
I made a few modifications to this based on other reviews, and also used cooked chicken from a rotisserie chicken.
Overall this is good! It is pretty spicy for my wimpy taste, but I like it. I cooked on high for about 4 hours and the onion was still crunchy, so I'm cooking it longer as we speak; also added 5 more torn-up corn tortillas just now, hoping to thicken it up a bit.
- I added 5 or 6 chopped up corn tortillas when I started cooking.
- I added some "better than bouillon" chicken flavoring
- I used diced tomateos with chilies (instead of the whole diced tomatoes), but this might have been part of the reason that it turned out pretty spicy for me!
- I did not use the can of chilies since I used the tomatoes with chilies
- didn't use the corn as I'm not a fan of corn in recipes.
I think I will probably make this again, but maybe use the can of mild chilies instead of the tomatoes with chilies, to lessen the spice a bit. I used a can of mild enchilada sauce so I don't think that's where the spice is coming from. By the way, I don't think it tastes like "liquid enchiladas" as other reviews have said. :)
1 user found this review helpful
Apr. 1, 2014