Really good. A great way to use the leftover sweet potatoes from Thanksgiving. The only reason I'm giving it four stars instead of five is that my boyfriend wasn't wild about the soup.
I made the following changes to make the soup healthier and more authentic:
1. Used lite coconut milk from Trader Joe's instead of regular coconut milk to cut down on the calorie and fat content
2. I added more curry paste than the recipe called for- about 1 1/2 table spoons. I really like Thai curry flavor and I'm used to really strong Thai curries from restaurants.
3. Substituted fish sauce for the salt in the recipe and I added it while the soup was simmering
4. I cooked it for way longer than the original recipe calls for. After I added the sweet potatoes I simmered the soup for about a half hour.
5. Here's the big thing. The soup tasted bland, but I put 3/4ths of the batch into the blender and it made the soup go from ok to great. It made all the flavor from the sweet potatoes come out.
6. I added the cilantro, but not the sesame oil. The soup really didn't need the extra flavor.
Was this review helpful?
66 users found this review helpful
Really good. A great way to use the leftover sweet potatoes from Thanksgiving. The only...