Hello! I'm a teen cook, from a family with a brilliant culinary history. My Nonno, Erico Mazzocchi, is the master chef in our family, making fabulous Pulpatone, Cold Sauces, and Christmas Ravioli. My mother pioneered the idea of cooking lightly, and was a very wonderful homemaker for 10 years. Since her divorce, however, we've eaten out a lot together, and she now HATES cooking (because she once felt it was her only redeeming quality.) I've been on a mission to get our family eating dinner at home again. Having struggled with my weight my entire life, I appreciate those with the creativity and skill to cook meals that don't pack too much density. So far, Allrecipes has been my accomplice, and we've seen success in our efforts. What an amazing resource!
My favorite things to cook
- Scones, muffins, desserts that please
- My mother's oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- My Uncle Marco's Chocolate Cake
- Pesto ANYTHING
- Getting creative with eggs (chili powder, adding pasta sauce)
My favorite family cooking traditions
-Christmas time Ravioli
- Christmas "moon cookies"
- My Uncle Marco's Chocolate Cake on anyone's birthday
My cooking triumphs
- I MADE MERINGUES!!! MUAHAHAHA
My cooking tragedies
- Those sang meringues began to weep and made a hot mess at my theater group meeting. The moisture in the theater's kitchen from boiling spaghetti wrecked the entire effort of keeping the meringues at room temperature, in a happy environment. (Note to self: never make meringues on THE HOTTEST day of the year.)