Superb! This is delicious. I made a couple of alterations that made this taste even better.
First off, I halved the recipe since I was just cooking for one.
1. Omitted bell peppers since I didn't have any.
2. Salt added at the end, reason below.
3. I like my chili thick, so I used a full 4 tbsp of flour.
4. Used an entire can (14.5 oz) of Italian style stewed tomatoes anyways, did not puree since I like small chunks of tomato in my chili. Minced my chipotles in adobo instead.
5. Used beef stock (with no additional salt added) instead of water. 1 cup goes into pot directly, use other 1 cup to stir in flour. Whisking is fine, dissolve all clumps. For this reason, do NOT add salt into chili before this step, as beef stock will naturally have some sodium.
6. Went heavy handed with the rice vinegar to compensate for the extra liquid, used approximately 1 tbsp.
7. Turn down heat to medium-low to simmer and STIR FREQUENTLY, or else chili will start to burn.
8. Simmer about 30-45 minutes, depending on how thick you like your chili.
Was this review helpful?
2 users found this review helpful
Superb! This is delicious. I made a couple of alterations that made this taste even...