Most of us do not simply have the time to cook a delicious and healthy meal during breakfast. It is such a shame since breakfast is supposedly the most important meal of the day and all we do is drink coffee until we fill full. This
is certainly a wrong approach in starting
one’s day. Coffee is more likely to wake us up but will not provide the proper nutrients to energize our body.
Being late for work is sometimes the cause of not having to get the proper meal in the morning. Most people skip this important time to save their jobs, but never to help their bodies. For business individuals, it is best to be familiar with one or two easy
breakfast recipes to whip every morning before going to work. The internet is a great tool to look for the perfect recipes that have the right nutrients for a busy person. Maybe 5-8 minutes in the kitchen will not hurt.
Breakfast recipes should not only be easy but healthy as well. What is the use of whipping a delicious meal if it contains zero nutrients? It certainly defeats the purpose of preparing the body for the day ahead. Here is an example of a delicious and healthy
meal that can be made in minutes.
Sweet Potato Egg
• 2 eggs
• ½ sweet potato,grated
• Salt and pepper
• 1tablespoon water
1. Prepare the grated sweet potato. If you are pressed for time, make sure to grate the potato during the night to be cooked the next morning.
2. In a small pan, put the grated potato and cook it. Usually, it takes 3-4 minutes to cook.
3. Crack two eggs and place them on top of the grated potatoes.
4. One tablespoon of water needs to be poured carefully.
5. Cover the pan and wait for another 3-4 minutes to cook the egg.
6. Remove the pan from heat and transfer the dish into a medium-sized plate.
7. Sprinkle a little bit of salt and pepper to add flavor.
Here is another breakfast recipe that uses potatoes and eggs:
Easy Potato Salad
• 1 medium potato, cooked and sliced thinly
• ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
• 1 hard-boiled egg, grated
• ¼ teaspoon paprika
• 1 green onion, finely chopped
• ¼ teaspoon curry powder
• 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
• ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
1. Prepare a large bowl and mix everything together. To save time, you might want to grate the egg and slice the onion during the night. Keep the ingredients near the counter so you will not get confused the next day.
2. Mix them well with a large spoon.
3. Keep the bowl in the refrigerator for 3 – 5 minutes.
Eggs and potatoes are rich in minerals such as carbohydrates, potassium, selenium, iron, zinc, iodine and more.These two recipes are delicious enough to perk you up and healthy enough to provide the energy you need.
You can alternate recipes or add something different so you will not get bored with the taste easily.
Linda Rosario is a food enthusiast from
Chef Needs "The Kitchen that Every Restaurant Needs". Linda also loves arts and crafts and works as a pre-school teacher.