This was my first foray into baking ANYTHING from "scratch" and I found this recipe easy to follow. I was glad I took a look at other comments before starting. A few things I found out:
1) I don't have a hand mixer, just a fork, so the actual prep time was more like 25 minutes due to stirring requirements and a lack of experience
2) Leaving the butter out on the counter for 2 hours did get it to a great mixing temperature
3) I also took my egg out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature along with the butter, doesn't seem to have caused any issues, and everything mixed really well
4) Rolling the balls of dough in sugar made for extremely sweet cookies...would probably cut back on the sugar in the mix next time
5) 8 minutes of baking produced perfect cookies, just like others have suggested
6) Using a spoonful of dough for each cookie produced around 60 cookies, not 48
7) 18 cookies per cookie sheet allowed for spreading without having the cookies touch/fall off the side
8) Glad I made the decision to lightly spray the cookie sheets with cooking oil (butter flavored), as all the cookies came off the cookie sheets with no leavings/breaks
Was this review helpful?
0 users found this review helpful
This was my first foray into baking ANYTHING from "scratch" and I found this recipe easy to...