This was a perfect alternative for a baked strawberry pie when I could not find any rhubarb at the store.
I made some alterations -
- I used brown sugar instead of white for the topping. I used the same amount but next time will probably use slightly less.
- I also felt like my strawberries were sweet enough to only use 1/2 cup of white sugar when coating them (along with the same amount of flour and corn starch).
- Similar to another reviewer, I discarded the excess flour-mix after the strawberries were coated.
- Between the butter in the topping and the extra bits added at the end, I used a whole stick.
- I did a little final quick sprinkle of sugar on top near the end of the bake time. Probably not necessary but didn't hurt either.
The pie was delicious warm with vanilla ice cream and equally tasty when eaten cold the next day. This recipe is a keeper.
Was this review helpful?
2 users found this review helpful
This was a perfect alternative for a baked strawberry pie when I could not find any rhubarb at...