Its a great recipe to use as a base to tailor to your own tastes. Personally, I am a little flabbergasted by the amount of sour cream in the original recipe, also I am partial to garlic favor so see the following tweaks:
1. Double the amount of macaroni to 2cups (16oz)
2. I used 2 cups of cubed cheddar cheese (no parmesan, and honestly didn't need it)
3. 1tbsp of garlic powder whisked into the milk (try heating the milk up for 30sec to help the garlic dissolve).
4. 8x13 casserole dish greased with pam
5. baking time 30min covered with foil at 350and 20min uncovered at 300.
6. After baking, stir the entire contents of the dish together to mix the cheese together.
7. Make another serving of the cracker topping and add broil the casserole dish at 500 till the topping is golden brown.
Was this review helpful?
0 users found this review helpful
Its a great recipe to use as a base to tailor to your own tastes. Personally, I am a little...