DELICIOUS!!! I made it for my roommates and they loved it! I followed the recipe exactly (minus the peanuts and fish sauce 'cause I didn't have any) and it turned out great!
***WARNING: This is a somewhat-difficult and long recipe to make if you are using fresh items and are following the recipe exactly. Be prepared to be cooking for 1 1/2 hours. With that said, IT IS SOOOOO WORTH IT!***
Here are some recommendations when cooking:
1) FISH SAUCE SUBSTITUTE: .25 cup soy sauce + 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce + 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime/lemon juice
***NOTE*** Nothing bets the funky flavour of real fish sauce. The substitute is an alternative, not a exact replacement for its flavour.
2) STEP 3: There is alot of sauce here. Use only 1/4 of sauce (AND NO MORE THAN THAT!!!) to caramelize the chicken, and put the remaining 3/4 in a saucepan to boil at the same time. Once the chicken begins caramelized, pour a ladle-full from the saucepan onto the chicken, wait until sauce has thickened until desired, and repeat until all sauce from the saucepan is gone.
3) FRESH CILANTRO IS CLUTCH TO THIS RECIPE! It really cuts through the flavour and gives you a fresh palate for the next bite. I suggest you cut the whole leaves in half before garnishing.
4) Serve on white rice ONLY!!! I would explain it if I could, but I can't. You must use white rice for this meal. Nothing else works as well.
5) WATCH THE VIDEO FOR THIS RECIPE!!! It really helps when cooking.
Was this review helpful?
1 user found this review helpful
DELICIOUS!!! I made it for my roommates and they loved it! I followed the recipe exactly...