I rate this recipe 4 stars because I think it is a fantastic base for customizing your own sweet but sneaky hot condiment. That being said, it's not nearly as hot as advertised and could use some refinement. After a few iterations, I've managed to turn this base into my favorite hot sauce hands down over anything I have ever had store bought...and I've had a lot. Here's what I did to make it work for what I like.
Pump up the heat:
1. Increased the number of habaneros to 25.
Reduce the sweet:
1. Dropped the peaches to an 8oz can w/ heavy syrup.
2. Dropped the molasses to 1/4 cup.
Manage the mustard:
1. Dropped the yellow mustard (french's) to 2 tbsp
Add some flesh:
1. Added one fire roasted, seeded and peeled Pablano pepper.
2. Added two fire roasted and seeded Serrano peppers.
After these changes I really like what I've come up with. It's a hotter, yet still sweet version with a little more thickness. I may add some onion next time I do this to add a little more chunk and complexity.
Was this review helpful?
2 users found this review helpful
I rate this recipe 4 stars because I think it is a fantastic base for customizing your own...