Marble Swirl Pound Cake
I can't give it 5 stars b/c I had to do some changes. After reading nearly ALL reviews, this is a summary of what I did.
- I decreased the flour to 3 cups
- I increased the sugar to 2 cups and 1 tablespoon
- I increased the vanilla extract to 3 teaspoons
- I added 1 teaspoon of almond extract (although I think you can get away with only 1/2 tsp)
- Mixing order: I creamed butter and sugar, then added the eggs (one by one ), then I added the vanilla extract. After this, I added the dry mix alternating it with the milk (I used WHOLE milk).
- When I separated my batter, I added the almond extract to the white batter
- I cooked at 345 degrees for 55 minutes.
- Once I removed the cake from the oven, I immediately covered with a cloth and left it to cool
- Once it was a little bit cooler, I added a simple confectioner's sugar icing (c.sugar, milk and vanilla extract).
With these changes, the cake was moist (still moist 24 hrs later) and it was delicious. Next time, I might add some coffee to oomph the chocolate flavor.
2 users found this review helpful
Nov. 13, 2012