ok, I have tried many, many recipes off this site and altho most are very good, I do not feel compelled to write a review very often.....but I had to for this one! I made this and used my dad as a guinea pig (he is the consumate baker) He was stunned and amazed how this tasted! I had a family BBQ last night with 40 people and All were fooled! I did make a few alterations to TRY to make it a bit healthier.
1. I up'd the recipe by 1/2 to make 2 pie plate sizes rather than 1 9 x 13
2. changed all white sugar to brown
3. cut sugar way down. even tho I up'd the rest of recipe, I cut the sugar almost in half. using 1/2 cup mixed with zucchini and only 1 cup for the cobbler part.
4. used 1/2 flour and 1/2 rolled oats
5. I also did not mix half the crumb mix with the zucchini. I added 'some' tho to give it a bit of body.
I also found I had to cook the zucchini alot longer than 15 minutes and I agree completely that using the monster ones from home garden are the best. Mine grow to over 1 foot long before I get around to picking them and this is the perfect recipe to eat those up. I got orders for next week :-) This is a dessert that will be used ALOT
Was this review helpful?
3 users found this review helpful
ok, I have tried many, many recipes off this site and altho most are very good, I do not feel...