I enjoy cooking and baking for family and friends.
I also like tweaking recipes to make healthier or accent certain components.
Recreating a dish I've been served at home.
My favorite things to cook
Greek, Italian, breakfast, grilling, baking, and experimenting with new cuisines and ingredients. Candy making.
My favorite family cooking traditions
Classic Greek dishes and desserts.
My cooking triumphs
1. Bread baking like my Mom and Yiayia used to make.
2. Making a perfect batch of kourambedes.
3. Homemade yogurt-turns out great every time.
4. Mastering the traditional components of the Thanksgiving dinner-serving every dish hot and done well. It's an easy meal to prepare, but timing IS everything.
5. The perfect pie crust.
My cooking tragedies
1. The first pot of beef stew I made was inedible-too many red pepper flakes! Whhhew! Hot stuff.
2. The ONLY time I used meat tenderizer, I ruined the kabobs, which got very mealy and mushy, so I served a meatfree vegeterian dinner!
3. Crockpot rice casserole-a very, very bad thing.
There have been more over the years...