I did a lot of research, and no matter how good your marinade is, you have to know how to cook the meat properly to get a good carne asada taste. That being said, the marinade of this recipe is good, the necessities being tomato, lime, cilantro, jalepiño, salt and pepper. You don't really need the other stuff.
HERE IS HOW TO COOK CARNE ASADA:
1. Make sure the steak is really thin before you cook it (My grocery store puts a "Carne Asada" sticker on their skirt steak which is helpful).
2. OMIT THE SALTS FROM THE MARINADE.After it is done marinating, right before you grill it, pat it dry (so it will get darkened faster on the grill).
3. Place steak on VERY HOT grill and liberally pour salt (kosher is best) over each piece. It only takes a few minutes to cook. You will know it is done when the salt has melted.
4. Flip the steak, pour salt on the other side. Again, the salt will be melted when it is all cooked.
5. Keep in a nice dutch oven or heavy pot until ready to serve.
Hope this helps someone! It really made a difference in my carne asada.
Was this review helpful?
15 users found this review helpful
I did a lot of research, and no matter how good your marinade is, you have to know how to cook...