I tweaked this recipe a bit, but after I did, I really liked it (so did DH and my toddler son, who is an adventurous eater), and I will definitely make it again! This is way better than regular chili. Served it over linguine with raw onions and sharp cheddar cheese. I cooked it down quite a bit to intensify the spices.
1) I used ground venison instead of ground beef
2) added 3 cloves of fresh crushed garlic
3) added extra cinnamon to taste, and a Tbs or so of brown sugar
4) I used a 29 oz can of tomato sauce, and only 15 oz of broth
5) Added an extra bay leaf, and 1 Tbs of cocoa powder in lieu of the chocolate
6) and finally, as another poster suggested, I browned the onions, then added the liquid, and then the ground meat, and this made the meat very fine and smooth.
Was this review helpful?
2 users found this review helpful
I tweaked this recipe a bit, but after I did, I really liked it (so did DH and my toddler son,...