Day 5 of the Smoothie Invasion (Occupation?)
Jan. 18, 2012 12:17 am
Updated: Jan. 20, 2012 2:37 pm
Ok...so that sounds a bit dramatic. LOL...but it's fun to write...ok?
So...day 5 has been a 'noticing' day...here is my list that I compiled that I noticed.
- I am tired. Not warn out 'tired'...but 'MY BODY NEEDS rest and repair' tired.
- I have a LOT more MENTAL energy than I have in a while. (Which is sort of frustrating, since I have a lower physical energy right now...and LISTENING to my body and RESTING when it says has been quiet a challenge of it's own.)
- I really relate to my body differently. I don't know if it's because it's JUST MY TIME to GET IT, and it's just God's timing...PERFECT, or if I FINALLY gave my body nutrition and sort of jump started and reset my body/mind/food relationship...but I sure
feel like I'm GETTING 'it'. It makes me so happy.
- I have NO GUILT...none. I am facing food and drink in a way I've NEVER done before...it's a choice, and one made in harmony with my bodies NEEDS...not some emotional trigger, or food medicating thing. And that makes me quiet proud of myself.
- When I did have a 'normal' emotional trigger, (It's STILL -35 here...and I have a 7 year old boy climbing the walls...it's just not conducive to chillin' and going with the flow...), when things got a little 'sideways' as I would NORMALLY call it...I was
able to step BACK and evaluate and really avoid 'emotional' eating or 'stress' eating. It was a BIG deal for me. I don't know about YOU, but that's HUGE in MY BOOK! Just keepin' it real, guys. ;)
So, day 5....healthful, mindful, wonderful eating and drinking...I think it's great. I'm digging it. ;)
As for in the kitchen....today we had Taco Salad....with the taco meat left over from yesterdays tacos that I made the family...(I had the left over chicken breast from the night before...and a GREEN SMOOTHIE! LOL)...dinner was good...and I didn't over
eat and I was satisfied...when I got 'hungry' a while after, I sipped on my veggies...I mean, I sipped on my Green Smoothie...and drank some licorice spice and chamomile tea...without sweetener...I'm one heck of an unusually satisfied girl. L O V E it!