YUMMY! This cake came out tasty and moist. I am new to this vegan way of eating. I decided to take the plunge and bake this cake for my sons First Birthday Party. I was nervous how it would turn out without a trial run but I followed the reviews and changed a few things and came out wonderfully! Everyone loved it!
Here's what I did differently;
- I doubled the recipe to make 2 9" rounds for a two layer cake.
- I used organic cane sugar instead of white sugar
- I added a few pinches of brown sugar
- I used Balsamic Vinegar instead of white vinegar
- I used half veg. oil & half Olive oil
- I added a teaspoon of cinnamon
- I doubled the amount of cocoa powder
- I added a small handful of vegan chocolate chips
- Lastly, I only cooked for about 30 minutes (35 minutes the second time)
I, originally, was going to use vegan chocolate frosting. But it came out pretty chocolaty and sweet. I thought that it would be 'too much' chocolate. So I decided on a vegan buttercream frosting. I topped with raspberries and it came out perfectly! This time I just baked another one and experimented with a little less sugar, a little less cocoa and a 1.5 cups of water and a half a cup of brewed coffee to make up for the liquid (again this is all doubled for two cakes). We will see how it turns out..I might even do raspberry preserves in the middle.
Was this review helpful?
1 user found this review helpful
YUMMY! This cake came out tasty and moist. I am new to this vegan way of eating. I decided to...