I was looking for a late night snack as I was feeling slightly peckish. This is the best cake I have had in a long while. Unfortunately I did not have a couple of the ingredients available when I made it so I substituted the following:
- Maple Syrup instead of Vanilla at "double quantity" (4 Teaspoons),
- Skim Milk instead of Buttermilk (I do not care for Buttermilk),
- 1 Cup of Brown and White Sugar instead of all White,
- Did not use the "Butter Sauce" (Cake was moist enough without it),
- Sprinkled some Brown Sugar on the Top (Mostly Aesthetic Detail),
Fantastic choice, cake came out great was gone by the next day.
Was this review helpful?
1 user found this review helpful
I was looking for a late night snack as I was feeling slightly peckish. This is the best cake...