Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff I
I think i made it through about 900 reviews until i started to get a headache :) I cant stand having to go through dozens of pages of reviews to find the "5 star " version of the recipe! I am going to make this short and sweet. The recipe that is posted originally is really only a 1 star meal. After all the adjustments, substitutions, etc .. its 5 star fabulous. I have taken all the suggestions and advice from all the reviews and created this:
2 pound cubed beef stew meat or chuck roast
2 (10.75 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
3/4 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup water (more if needed)
1/4 cup low sodium beef stock (more if needed)
1/3 cup sour cream
2 ounces cream cheese (reduced fat works well)
1/2 pack French onion soup mix
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 cloves garlic, minced
8oz. mushrooms, sliced
Pat of butter
1. In slow cooker, combine meat, mushroom soup, chopped onions, minced garlic, Worcestershire, dry soup mix, pepper, stock and water.
2. Cook on low setting for 5-6 hours.
3. During cooking time, sauté the mushrooms in butter about 4 mins.
4. Put sautéed mushrooms in slow cooker last 30 minutes of cooking time
5. Check sauce if it needs salt or extra pepper.
6. Best served over buttered egg noodles.
I think this came out fantastic. But again, its all about personal opinions and tastes. Let me know how this works out for everyone!
1423 users found this review helpful
Oct. 15, 2008