Simply Delicious! I just made this recipe today and had to rate it! I followed some other reviewers advice and used my slow cooker.
(1) I let the bean soak all day yesterday periodically adding water as needed.
(2) This morning I layered uncooked beans, instead of onions I used onion powder, then 5 slices of applewood smoked bacon.
(3) I drizzled some of the sauce over this layer and repeated until I finished the beans and bacon.
(4) Then I filled with fresh water and let them cook.
(5) Set on High for 2 hours.
(6) Drizzled about 3 Tbsp on Maple Syrup at this point
(7) Follow with setting on Low for 8-10 hours.
They are soft and all the bacon has melted leaving little bits!
Was this review helpful?
0 users found this review helpful
Simply Delicious! I just made this recipe today and had to rate it! I followed some other...