I doubled the recipe. The dough was marvelous -- to die for. Let me share my comments on the process before I tell you about the final product:
* I did some control trays (ie per recipe) and a few experimentals (using ideas suggested by others in their reviews). One of the suggestions was to sprinkle water over the cookies before putting in the oven. This resulted in cookies stuck to the tin and thus broken cookies. I wouldn't do this if I were you.
* I am not sure what the sugar added at the end (per some suggestions) is supposed to achieve other than adding calories and potential mess when eating.
* I baked mine 10 min @ 150 Celsius on a fan oven (which is equiv to the temp suggested in the recipe). 15 minutes would have burnt my cookies to a crisp.
* My exterior was beautifully cracked, but I am not sure I have achieved the right hardness on the shell of the cookie.
* I am not sure the finished product (or at least 30 minutes out of the oven) is as good as the dough going in. Perhaps the cookies are better the next day??
Was this review helpful?
1 user found this review helpful
I doubled the recipe. The dough was marvelous -- to die for. Let me share my comments on the...