I have made these several times and had good and bad outcomes, but I have found the way to do it and they r amazing!!
1. Mix everything by hand!!
2 . Use room temp butter - melted butter will yield flat cookies! If ur butter is in the fridge, place butter in a bowl and float in a sink of warm water to soften.
3. When creaming the butter and sugar together, first mix the two sugars together and then the butter. Use a spatula and flatten the mixture into a pancake. Keep doing this until it is mixed together.
3. Skip the water. Instead, break your egg in a bowl and beat it for a few seconds. Now add the salt, baking powder and vanilla to the beaten egg. Now beat this into ur creamed butter & sugar using a large whisk that will not clog up.
4. Reduce the flower by 1/2 a cup and do not sift! This is important to avoid Cakey cookies!!
5. Stirr in the flower with a spatula and then the choc chips. Skip the nuts.
6. Do not use parchment paper, the cookies will bake much better on a bare baking sheet! They need the bottom heat!
7. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1/2 hour before baking.
8. The cookies turn out better small! Recipe says 24 but it cooks better if the cookies are portioned to make 36 or 48. Experiment with ur preference!
9. Enjoy :)
Was this review helpful?
0 users found this review helpful
I have made these several times and had good and bad outcomes, but I have found the way to do...