Sweet and Sour Chicken I
Awesome recipe, best sweet and sour I've ever had - even from a restaurant. My husband is picky and he requests this, and our girls (also picky) like being able to just eat the chicken as nuggets if they don't feel like having sweet and sour chicken. Tips:
1) The amount of water you're supposed to add to make the batter is confusing, I just add water gradually until it is the texture of thick pancake batter.
2) I season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder after cutting it into cubes and let it sit while I prepare the batter.
3) Because I never have self-rising flour, I add 1/2 tsp. salt and 1 1/2 tsp baking powder to the flour.
4)I make twice the amount of sauce - it's just not enough!
5) I have also used 1/2 pineapple juice, 1/2 mandarin juice to give it a little change.
6) I use apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar - tasty!
12 users found this review helpful
Jan. 30, 2011