Gluten Free Tacos
May 28, 2012 4:07 pm
Updated: May 29, 2012 1:07 pm
I've been really craving tacos lately so the search to find GF taco sauce or seasoning began. Lo' and behold during a recent trip to Whole Foods I across Rick Bayless' Skillet Sauces (http://www.thekitchn.com/new-skillet-sauces-from-fronte-145569< )
and thought I'd give them a try.
Turned out really well and can't wait to try some of the other sauces available.
- 1 Pouch Skillet Sauce
- Olive oil
- 1-1.5lbs Skinless/Boneless Chicken Breasts (approx. 3-4 chicken breasts)
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- onion and/or other seasonings you wish to use ( I used dried onion which I already had on hand from a Pampered Chef order)
- Cheese, Lettuce, etc for toppings
- Cut chicken into 1/2-1" pieces
- Heat up oil in pan and add onion. Saute until until browned.
- Remove onion from pan (if you use dried onion like I did, just leave in pan - it will season up the chicken nicely) and add pieces of chicken and cook through.
- Drain any remaining oil from pan and add the sauce
- Cook on low for approx. 5 minutes to heat the sauce through
- Warm tortillas and place onto plates.
- Add chicken to tortillas and top with cheese or other toppings
- Serve and enjoy!
Servings: about 4-6 (size of chicken pieces, tortillas and most importantly - how hungry you are). :)
I got 12 tacos out of the batch with chicken pieces cut about 1" in size. This meant only about 4 pieces of chicken fit per tortilla. I used shredded parm that was leftover from lasagna the week before, but any cheese would likely go well.