Made it with half the cauliflower and no cayenne as I was hoping to ease my picky 5-year-old into eating it. He said he liked it, but didn't eat as much as he would of boxed mac & cheese. The yogurt sort of curdled, so it wasn't creamy at all, but I thought it was delicious.
If I make it again I will try:
- Not cooking the cauliflower in advance. Baking should be enough.
- Slightly less yeast. (Although I love nutritional yeast, the flavor was more upfront than I want.)
- Add cayenne, black pepper, or maybe even hot sauce during the prep.
- More garlic and maybe onion flakes, too.
- Some egg whites to help it congeal and add more protein.
- Maybe some cottage cheese.
- Top with a layer of cheese and less breadcrumbs.
Was this review helpful?
0 users found this review helpful
Made it with half the cauliflower and no cayenne as I was hoping to ease my picky 5-year-old...