Filet Mignon with Rich Balsamic Glaze
Great recipe!! Made with some additions from helpful comments and some personal preferences. Here's what I did:
Ingredients added -
- 3 red potatoes, cubed
- Several asparagus
- 1 cup or 1 half onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushroom
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup balsamic INSTEAD of 1/4.
- 2 (8 oz.) beef tenderloin
- 12 in cast iron skillet if available (if not, go get one. You deserve it!)
- Heat oven to 400
- Set out steaks for 20-30 minutes, season both sides w/salt and pepper
1. Fire up the cast iron skillet, add 1 tbsp each of butter and oil. Sauté onion, mushroom, and garlic. Transfer to a bowl and set aside when onion is translucent.
2. Toss on another tbsp of butter, and throw on the steaks to sear 2.5 mins, FLIP, then 2.5 mins on the other side, FLIP, throw in the potatoes and asparagus, and finally toss it in the oven. Now set the timer for 7 minutes and get to work on that saus. Hopefully by this point things are looking like the attached photo.
3. In a small saucepan, get your 1/2 cup balsamic and 1/4 cup wine good'n hot, and toss in the onion/shroom/garlic from before. Keep stirring and reduce.
4. BEEP! Open your oven, flip the steaks, stir & season the potatoes with some salt and pepper, and set the timer for another 7 minutes. Now you can chill out for a minute and enjoy some of that wine you just opened. Keep stirring saus.
5. BEEP! Set aside steaks for a few minutes, and start plating!
Simply amazing results!!
1 user found this review helpful
Feb. 15, 2013