Fettuccine with Sweet Pepper-Cayenne Sauce
A few notes however.
1. I think onions were needed. I added a medium onion, cut in half and thin sliced (maybe just a bit less of medium); but, I think it needed the flavor. I sauteed that with the red pepper.
2. I did use olive oil vs a spray, it needed that little bit of fat.
3. Garlic, I did add more; the recipe WAS FINE as is; just a personal taste, I love garlic. NOT necessary to add more.
4. THE SAUCE IS NOT RUNNY, it is just fine
5. I do NOT add the sour cream with the broth to simmer. Sour Cream should NOT be cooked. Add the broth, reduce the heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes until it reduces slightly. Remove from the heat, then add in the sour cream and mix to combine. The heat will warm it right up.
6. Toss with the pasta, however; it does need something green. I added plenty of fresh parsley and fresh basil.
7. Tasty good as is. But, I added chicken to make it a complete meal. I had grilled some chicken before, and thin sliced. It was excellent tossed with the pasta.
The second time I made it, I didn't add chicken, but added 1 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms which I sauteed with the peppers and onions. Both were very good. The recipe is very good
11 users found this review helpful
Jun. 24, 2013