Feb. 14, 2012 1:58 pm
Updated: Feb. 29, 2012 8:07 am
- 1 pound dry spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ( Not Extra Virgin)
- 4 ounces pancetta , cubed
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated Locatelli Cheese, plus more for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful Italian parsley, chopped
Make the sauce while you are cooking your pasta, Pasta has to be hot when adding egg mixture so the heat of the pasta will cook the eggs.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until the it is crisp . Add the garlic saute for less than 1 minute to soften.
Add the hot, drained spaghetti to the pan and toss for 2 minutes to coat the strands in the pancetta fat. Beat the eggs and Locatelli together with a fork until smooth. Remove the pan from the heat and add egg mixture into the pasta, whisking quickly until
the eggs thicken. Thin out the sauce with a bit of the water until nappe. Season the carbonara with fresh pepper and sea salt to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley and Locatelli Cheese
Perfect Carbonara ( www.RomeosCateringNY.com )