I'm a small town guy, newly married, and am the official cook of the household. My wife doesn't mind cooking -- neither do I -- so I'm the cook because I volunteer.
My favorite things to cook
Still in experimental mode.
My favorite family cooking traditions
At least once every weekend I prepare:
Peanut butter pancakes.
- add milk and vanilla to taste
- cook over 250-275 temperatures
- use butter instead of oil
- thinly coat creamy peanut butter over top right off grill
- coat lightly with warm syrup
- sprinkle powdered sugar as garnish
Fish Dishes: I do pride myself in preparing fish dishes. That is baked, grilled, bbq, or any of the above. My real secret is in paying attention to both combination of supporting dishes and in insuring that it doesn' overcook which I think is common with fish dishes -- they are overcooked.
My cooking triumphs
Yet to realize.
My cooking tragedies
Slow cooked spinach tortellini with pulled beef and balsamic jalapeano sauce. (eeewww! bad idea)