This is an excellent BASE recipe. It can easily be tailored. However, as it is, it delivers a very wet cookie dough and thus a chewy, thin, delicious texture once baked.
Here are some of my changes ( since I really LOVE spicy gingerbread cookies ):
- I amped up the spices (1.5 tsp of cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger )
- I added a bit of cayenne pepper to give it that bite
- I added 1 tsp of vanilla to the batter
- I baked it for a little bit longer to give it a bit of crisp ( to add to the chewiness )
- I made a "harder" batch ( more traditional snap ), so added 1/4 cup of flour so I can form it into soft balls.
Was this review helpful?
2 users found this review helpful
This is an excellent BASE recipe. It can easily be tailored. However, as it is, it delivers...