My favourite day of the week is Sunday. It's my stay at home day, puttering around the house with my music on and cooking up a storm. I love searching for the perfect soup recipe to put on, baking that weeks snack and organizing my fridge. Dorky? I don't care. I love Sundays!
My favorite things to cook
1. Quinoa salad
2. Chocolate bundt cake
My favorite family cooking traditions
1. Dad's yearly Christmas Cakes, made in batches...in rubber bins.
2. Nanny's Cornish Pasties.
3. Mum's once-in-a-blue-moon apple pies from scratch.
4. Making homemade pizzas with dad as a kid at our birthday parties.
5. Dad's gourmet New Year's Eve dinners...that I never get invited to?
6. Christmas baking with everyone.
7. Summer bbq's...lots of grilling and salads.
8. Special holiday breakfasts with bubbly.
9. Dad's pancakes from scratch with 'strangled eggs'.
10. Mum's muck-up lol
11. My Aunty's cabbage rolls.
My cooking triumphs
1. Julia Child's boeuf bourguinon!
2. I'm still amazed when any of my cooking/baking comes out eatable!
My cooking tragedies
1. Molasses bread. Wayyyy too strong.
2. Chalk-full oatmeal cookies...with bakers chocolate. ooops.
3. I'm terrified of pastry or making dough...I'm sure it would be a tragedy lol